A two day course reviewing topics related to the safe and effective delivery of minimal and moderate sedation of dental patients by inhalation, enteral and parenteral routes of administration. The topics presented will be applicable to all minimal and moderate sedation providers and will provide the attendee with a broad overview of topics related to safe practice of minimal and moderate sedation.
ADSA will be at the Aria Hotel & Casino in las Vegas, NV in 2015. Rooms are also being held at the Vdara hotel, Aria's sister property next door.
For discounted room reservations starting at $149-$199 at Aria, please click on the link below.
For discounted room reservations at Vdara at $129-$179, please click on the link below.
1. Describe the components of a proper preoperative medical assessment for a dental patient about to
2. Describe physiological and technical aspects of patient monitoring during sedation and interpretation of
3. Describe office preparations necessary for effective management of medical emergencies.
4. Describe airway complications and team methods utilized in their management.
5. Describe common medical complications associated with sedation during dental treatment and their
6. Describe the pharmacology of agents used for minimal and moderate sedation.
7. Describe methods and agents utilized during peri-operative pain management.
8. Recognize and describe techniques for difficult intravenous cannulation.
9. Describe prevention and management of non-life threatening complications of minimal and moderate
10.Describe indications for glucocorticoids during minimal and moderate sedation.
Roy L. Stevens, DDS (Chair)
University of Oklahoma
Daniel E. Becker, DDS
Miami Valley Hospital
Robert Bosack, DDS
University of Illinois College of Dentistry
Ernest B. Luce, DDS
University of Texas
Michael Rollert, DDS
University of Colorado
8:00-8:15 Introduction - Dr. Roy L. Stevens
8:15-10:15 Preoperative Assessment for Minimal and Moderate Sedation -
Dr. Michael Rollert
10:30-12:00 Pharmacotherapeutics for Minimal and Moderate Sedation -
Dr. Daniel Becker
1:00-2:15 Monitoring for Minimal and Moderate Sedation - Dr. Ernie Luce
2:15-3:15 It’s “Just” Nitrous - Dr. Robert Bosack
3:30-5:00 Post Operative Pain Management - Dr. Daniel Becker
8:00-10:15: Managing Complications - Dr. Daniel Becker
10:30-12:00 Medical Myths - Dr. Ernie Luce
1:00-2:00 Local Anesthetics - Dr. Daniel Becker
2:00-3:15 The Asthmatic Patient and Office Based Anesthesia and Sedation - Dr. Robert Bosack
3:30-5:00 Putting It All Together: Case Studies of Complex Patients - All Faculty
In order to recognize dentists with advanced training in dental sedation the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology established the College of Sedation in Dentistry in 2006. Entrance to the college is by examination. Click below for more information or to register for the entrance examination following the meeting, or call us at 312.664.8270.
The General Anesthesia course and Minimal & Moderate Sedation courses offer 16 hours of CE and include breakfast, lunch and breaks. The Assistant course offers 12 hours of CE credit and includes one lunch and all breakfasts and breaks.
ADSA is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
ADSA designates this activity for 12-16 continuing education credits.
The ADSA is an Accepted National Sponsor (#218597) for FAGD/MAGD Credit.
Exhibitors are welcome at the Las Vegas review.
Special early-bird fees starting at just $795 remain discounted only until the hotel cutoff. For a full Meeting Fee Schedule, please click here. Cancel anytime less $50.